AnsweredAssumed Answered

The Difficult Kids

Question asked by Amber Harcrow on Feb 3, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 28, 2015 by Christie Joehl

I wish I had a nickel for every time someone at my school told me good luck with that kid. I seem to be a magnet for those (usually Juniors and Seniors) who don't want to do ANYTHING. They will not take notes, do projects, or study so that they make decent grades. They don't even like the fun stuff. The hands on or greenhouse or out door work. I am in a two teacher department and I expect my class to work and learn, the other teacher however lets them run wild while he checks emails, etc. I mean am I the only one crazy enough to actually teach in an Ag department. I know this has a lot to do with the behavior because who would like the teacher who makes you do things. Most of the ones who are pains also have MAJOR attitude issues as well. I am at a loss I've done seating charts, note checks they say give me the 0, I have planned activates as rewards they act crazy and don't do them correctly or goof off. I don't know what else to do to connect or encourage these kids. But I have to do something because being a one man show as far as FFA, and all this classroom stress, is burning me out on something I love Very quickly.  I am open to any and all Suggestions Please HELP!

Outcomes