Ty McBride

New to Ag Mech

Discussion created by Ty McBride on Jul 11, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 22, 2014 by Gina Neff

I have recently accepted a job as an ag mech teacher in Texas, my background is primarily animal science so this is a new experience for me. I honestly don't know to much about the program other than it has a shop with your basics (a few welders, torches, ect) and a wood shop (once again, your basics, band saw, arm saw, ect). This is the first year they are having a teacher strictly teaching mechanics so they might not have it all as well. I'm just trying to be prepared for worst case scenarios. I have been reading up on the standards and there a few things I would like to get advise on.

Ag Mechanics

Any curriculum material  on Electric Wiring, Plumbing, Concrete, Woodworking, and fencing

Fun projects to help with those units

Ag Facilities

Any curriculum material  on Planning, Fencing, Electricity, Surveying, GPS, Water Management, Dry Wall. Masonry, Installing doors/windows/roof

Fun projects to help with those units

Power Systems

Honestly anything (I have absolutely zero experience with Power Systems)

Welding

Low cost projects.

I also heard that Texas have Ag Mechanics shows, similar to livestock shows but with student made projects. Where do I find out more information about these shows (rules, dates, locations, ect.)

Outcomes