The University of Missouri developed three courses relating to estrus synchronization. The courses can be accessed at the following website: http://animalsciences.missouri.edu/extension/beef/estrous_synch/
Text from website:
Welcome to “Fundamentals of Beef Reproduction and Management: Focus on Estrus Synchronization."
Reproduction is the major factor impacting profitability in a cow-calf operation...
The three courses are designed to familiarize you with the following topics:
Course 1 Includes:
- Physiological principles that underlie estrus synchronization
- An overview of commercially available estrus synchronization products,
Course 2 Includes:
- Specific estrus synchronization protocols currently recommended for beef heifers and cows,
Course 3 Includes:
- Management considerations for implementing an estrus synchronization program in your herd
- A description of the impact of estrus synchronization on reproductive management.
In addition, each module includes assessment questions to help you evaluate your comprehension of the information.