Kristin Witte

Witte Authentic Audience

Discussion created by Kristin Witte on Aug 26, 2019

Lesson- Need for marketing/importance of knowing what your target audience does 

Whom could you invite into the classroom as part of an authentic audience for your students?

Local shrimp farm business owner who grows freshwater shrimp in a small town near us. He could speak to students about the importance of reaching your target market. Especially since he sells outside of the community. Show/discuss different types of advertisement, how he knows who to target, where to reach them, etc. This would allow students to see the need for a well put together marketing plan. 

2) What opportunities do your students have to participate in competition outside the classroom?

FFA CDE Marketing Plan is a natural fit. I could also have them do a shark tank type of marketing plan pitch to local business owners or an ag marketing company. 

3) How can you use reflection to enhance your students’ learning experiences?

Part of my marketing plan unit is done using a SCRUM sheet, where teams keep track of what needs to be done, who is doing what and where things are at (done, in progress, questions, etc.) I can have a weekly reflection/team meeting where they reflect on what they have done and learned. 

Outcomes