Brittany Kloer (Bridges)

Washington DC Officer Training 2018

Discussion created by Brittany Kloer (Bridges) on Jun 16, 2019

Indiana Ideas Indiana Unlimited 2019

If you are interested in taking your students to Washington DC for an Officer Training, here is some items that will help you plan.  I would encourage you to reach out for grants and to local service organizations to pay for the trip.  Each organization I reached out to was more than happy to help, in hopes to encourage students to take leadership roles to one day replace them in their service organizations.  Since I did not have time to create too many workshops, I used the SkillsUSA leadership program I learned about during the ACTE National Conference.  Their membership of $25 is worth the content development in Gold.  I also used the FFA Mpower-A Guide to Chapter Leadership Manual to develop my workshops.  Each student had a small journal that was easy enough to fit into their FFA Jacket Pocket.  I just concluded our Louisville Officer Training and bought smaller journals that fit into their pockets.  We do not use officer binders, since we have everything in a Google Doc Comprehensive Program of Activities.  You can find out more information about the CPOA at Jay County - Jay County POA https://www.ffa.org/educator_resources/mpower-a-guide-to-chapter-leadership/

Outcomes