OP McCubbins

Agricultural Mechanics Workshops

Discussion created by OP McCubbins on Oct 26, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 5, 2015 by OP McCubbins

Good afternoon Teach Ag Friends! Just wanted to let everyone know about Iowa State University's upcoming Ag Mechanics workshops. If someone else in your school could benefit from any of these workshops, please pass this information along (industrial tech teachers, welding teachers, etc.).

We are opening up our two Fall 2015 Torchmate Workshops and since they are approaching quickly, I have provided a quick explanation of those two, and below that are the topics and dates associated with each scheduled workshop (I have also attached flyers for quick download). If you have any questions please contact me at opmcc@iastate.edu or Dr. Ryan Anderson at randrsn@iastate.edu.

Torchmate I- November 7, 2015 ($100)
The workshop will primarily focus on the CAD software used in the Torchmate system. We will be providing you with the downloadable software prior to the workshop so you are ready to develop projects during the workshop as well as having an opportunity to continue to make designs after the workshop. This workshop will operate under the assumption that you have no experience using CAD software. The participants will design and cut out a nameplate and additional items (time permitting).

Torchmate II- December 5, 2015 ($200)

This workshop will shift gears and move more towards exploring how the Torchmate can be used to generate funds for your program. Participants will design, cut out, and weld fire pits. Since we will be welding the fire pits together, we will be spending some time on MIG welding (processes and application). Participants will take home the fire pit they design and fabricate. We recommend participants who are interested in workshop #2 to strongly consider completing workshop #1 or have prior experience working with Torchmate/CAD software. 

**We are offering a $50 discount for participants who attend both workshops!**
***Please register for the Torchmate workshops by November 5 to ensure we have enough metal & food (Hickory Park Lunch is included) for all participants.***

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Iowa State Agricultural Mechanics Workshop Schedule- Summer 2016

Agricultural Mechanics Boot Camp- May 9 - 13

Introduction to Electricity- June 12 - 15

Briggs & Stratton Small Engine School- June 15 - 17

Introduction to Torchmate School- July 11 - 13

Advanced Torchmate School- July 14 - 15

Introduction to Welding- July 18 - 22

Outcomes