I hope this update finds you well and attempting to squeeze in moments of being good to your own physical and mental well being. With committee forums already in process this week, I wanted to be sure to share NAAE Convention updates with you.
- Committee forums for NAAE are happening this week. You don't need to be registered for convention to have your voice heard. Member Services, Policy and Bylaws, and Finances have met. Remaining committee meetings and their COP pages with Zoom registration links are:
- Professional Growth - Wednesday 11/18 - 5 PM - https://communities.naae.org/community/naae/professional-growth-committee
- Public Policy - Wednesday 11/18 - 5:30 PM - https://communities.naae.org/community/naae/public-policy-committee
- Marketing Committee - Wednesday 11/18 - 6:30 EST - https://communities.naae.org/community/naae/marketing-committee
- Strategic Planning Committee - Monday 11/23 - 6:30 PM - https://communities.naae.org/community/naae/strategic-planning-committee
- In Region VI the following committee positions and terms open. Interested members should submit a committee application and MOU by December 31. Further committee information is available at https://www.naae.org/resources/committees/chairs.cfm
- Finance (2)
- Marketing (1)
- Member Services (1)
- Policy and Bylaws (2)
- Public Policy (2)
- Strategic Planning (1)
- Please make sure your delegates are registered for convention and you have returned your state delegate form to NAAE.
- Convention attendees will also need to submit their consent to a virtual business meeting through the form at https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/5930680/Notice-of-Virtual-Member-Meeting if they haven't already.
- As there are no proposed amendments this year, delegates will be voting on our Region VI Secretary - Aaron Geiman, the NAAE President - Sherisa Nailor, and the the NAAE President Elect either Mary Hoffman (Region III) or Stan Scurlock (Region V)
REGIONAL BUSINESS MEETING:
- Our Regional Business Meeting is Monday, November 30 beginning at 6:00 PM via Zoom. Even if you are not registered for NAAE Convention, you are encouraged to register and attend this session.
- Registration is available at https://uky.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYpcO-grD0pGdUFDZ05-qIA2Z0VRWVTpB_Q
- Please make sure state reports for the Regional Meeting are emailed to Aaron Geiman (email@example.com) by Friday, November 27.
- If you are not registered, there is still time. The link is at https://www.naae.org/convention2020/registration.cfm
- Professional development sessions will be available for 365 after convention to registered attendees to watch at their leisure.
- Most general sessions are in the evening so they don't interfere with your school day.
- If your state has a Region VI winner, I encourage you to organize a virtual watch party to "experience" the session with them.
Let me know how I can continue to best serve you during these unique times.