I hope your end of the school year is going well. This is our last day here at Caliche. Don't forget our Region II Conference and please find time to relax this summer.
Todd N. Thomas
New NAAE Meeting Planner/Program Assistant
- Sarah Warren joined the NAAE staff in May 2019
Communications/Marketing Specialist Positions Open
- Position Description
- Plan to fill two positions from the one search
- Currently reviewing some very good applicants
2019 Award Applications
- Over 200 applications were submitted by the May 15th deadline
- Eligibility, including membership status, being verified now
- Applications will be evaluated in June
2018-19 NAAE Final Membership
- Expect to finalize 2018-19 membership in mid-June
2019-20 NAAE Membership Rosters
- Expect to send 2019-20 membership rosters to state dues remitters late-June
Virtual Book Club
- Make Learning Magical
- Sign-up ends May 31
- 159 members signed-up currently
- Region I XLR8 – May 20-21 in Fairbanks, Alaska
- 8 NAAE XLR8 Institutes still be planned for summer 2019
Agriscience Inquiry Institutes (AgI2)
- 6 NAAE Agriscience Inquiry Institutes are scheduled for summer 2019
National Agriscience Teacher Ambassador Academy
- July 15-19, 2019 in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 5 Interns will begin in June -- 1 Teach Ag, 1 Advocacy, 2 Communications, and 1 Professional Development
- Lead Teacher Orientation was very successful (Kansas City, April 25-27)
- Work continuing on credentialing
- Potential for a Technical Skills Course in partnership with ASE (Autoservice Excellence).
- Agricultural Business Foundations BriefCASE
- eight states this summer including California, Iowa, Illinois, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, and Pennsylvania
- over 200 teachers are currently registered
- CASE Institutes
- 32 CASE Institutes in 2019
- Currently 544 teachers registered for CASE Institutes
- In addition, several universities are offering pre-service CASE Institutes this spring, throughout the summer, and continuing during the fall semester.
- NAAE is working with ACTE on a Teacher Recruitment and Retention Summit to be hosted by ACTE in late winter 2020.
- Teach Ag is celebrating 10 years in September in conjunction with National Teach Ag Day in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- 12 FAST participants will attend the Cultivating Change Foundation Summit in June.
- Johanna Rey will begin June 4 as the Teach Ag intern through December 2019.
- Teach Ag is hosting a collaborative session during AAAE on May 21 in Des Moines to highlight recruitment and retention strategies.
- Carl Aakre and Melanie Bloom are working on the My Local Cooperative Instructional Modules with completion and distribution planned for September 2019.
- The Inclusion, Diversity and Equity training RFP will be completed and announced this week.
- IDE resources and recommendations will be discussed with the NAAE/FFA team in June.
- National Teach Ag Ambassador Program – 14 ambassadors have been selected
- Allison Abadir – University of Missouri
- Brittney Beck – University of Arkansas-Fayetteville
- Joseph Brock – University of Kentucky
- Korie Burgess – Auburn University
- Taylor Ford – Chico State University
- Miranda Hornung – University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Nicole Hover – University of Massachusetts-Amherst
- Tayte Jussel – University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Faydra Lackey – North Carolina State University
- Katie Ott – Purdue University
- Matthew Wilson – Southern Union College
- Madeline Weninger – South Dakota State University
- Courtney Wiedenmann – Oklahoma State University
- Matthew Younker – Wilmington College
- December 4 – 7, 2019 in Anaheim, California
- NAAE Convention registration is open
- Register by July 12 to receive the Early Bird Rate
2019 Regional Conferences