Greetings to everyone,
I offer you my sincere apologies for any inconvenience with registration. I really thought that I had added it to CoP. I do know that it has gone out to the State Leaders. I will send it out to the State Leaders again just to make sure it has been received by everyone. Please refer to the information below for registration information.
My thanks to those who reached out to let me know that the registration link was not available.
NAAE Region II members,
We are pleased to announce that registration for the NAAE Region II Summer Conference is open. We are very excited to have everyone come to beautiful St. Francisville, Louisiana! Our historic town sits on the bluff overlooking the Mighty Mississippi approximately 20 miles north of Baton Rouge. St. Francisville was once the capital of the independent Republic of West Florida, which stretched along the Gulf Coast from the Mississippi River through the Florida Panhandle. That and many more interesting and fun things await your arrival in this historic area. We have several interesting and educational seminars planned as part of the conference. Attached you will find a draft agenda for the conference.
The conference dates are June 17-20, 2019. The registration form can be accessed at https://forms.gle/8UgRaNd7pNcwRkJe6. Our host hotel is The Hotel Francis, 7059 US Hwy 61, St. Francisville, LA 70775, (225) 635-3821. The overflow hotel is The Best Western, 6756 US-61, St Francisville, LA 70775, (225) 635-5851. Please contact the hotels directly for room reservations. Indicate that you are with the NAAE Region II group for conference rates. If you choose, the St. Francisville area is well known for its Bed & Breakfast accommodations as well as Golf Cottages and boutique hotels. See http://stfrancisville.us/index.php/all-about/lodging for additional lodging options.
Should you choose, there are also many fun and interesting things that you can do own your own. Our area has numerous championship golf courses including, but not limited to the following:
- The Bluffs on Thompson Creek - http://www.thebluffs.com/golf/, 225-634-6400
- Copper Mill - coppermillgc.com, 888-317-8453
- Beaver Creek - http://golf.brec.org/courses/beaver-creek/, 225-658-6338
- St. Francisville is located about an hour east of the Atchafalaya Basin. Below are some options if you would like to book a swamp tour.
- Atchafalaya Basin Landing and Marina - https://basinlanding.com/airboat-tours/, 337-228-7880
- McGee’s Louisiana Swamp Tours and Adventures - https://www.mcgeesswamptours.com/, 337-228-2384
- If fishing is your thing, you may want to contact one of these charter fishing businesses.
- Custom Charters in Houma, Louisiana - http://customchartersllc.com/; 985-851-3304
- DockSide LA Guide Service in Slidell, Louisiana - https://matrixshad.com/dockside-la-guide-service/, 985-707-9049
We look forward to seeing you at the conference in June. Contact Paul Theriot should you have any questions regarding registration, hotels, etc. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org. I can also be reached at 225-803-9426. Please leave a voicemail if I can’t answer the phone.
Paul J. Theriot, PhD
West Feliciana High School