Communities of Practice
Professional State Association Application
- An email should have arrived to State President's last month with a copy of the application.
- The application is due on September 1 to me. If you would like to complete it sooner, I have attached a copy of the application. I will also have paper copies of the application available at Region IV Conference.
2019 Region IV Conference (June 25-27, 2019) in Ann Arbor, MI
- Here is the CoP link to the Region IV Conference page: https://communities.naae.org/groups/naae-region-iv-2013-conference/pages/region-iv-conference
- Early bird pricing ends on June 1st
- If there are specific items you would like to see added to the Region IV Conference during our business sessions, please let me know. I am open to any and all changes and/or suggestions.
2019 NAAE Convention (December 3-7, 2019) in Anaheim, CA
- If you are interested in being a presenter at the convention, make sure to submit your proposal by June 3, 2019
- Early bird registration and housing is now open through July 12, 2019. After July 12th, prices will increase by $50 for registration.
New NAAE Meeting Planner/Program Assistant
- Sarah Warren joined the NAAE staff in May 2019
Communications/Marketing Specialist Positions Open
- Plan to fill two positions from the one search
- Currently reviewing some very good applicants
2019 Award Applications
- Over 200 applications were submitted by the May 15th deadline
- Eligibility, including membership status, being verified now
- Applications will be evaluated in June
2018-19 NAAE Final Membership
- Expect to finalize 2018-19 membership in mid-June
2019-20 NAAE Membership Rosters
- Expect to send 2019-20 membership rosters to state dues remitters late-June
- 8 NAAE XLR8 Institutes still be planned for summer 2019
Agriscience Inquiry Institutes (AgI2)
- 6 NAAE Agriscience Inquiry Institutes are scheduled for summer 2019
National Agriscience Teacher Ambassador Academy
- July 15-19, 2019 in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 5 Interns will begin in June -- 1 Teach Ag, 1 Advocacy, 2 Communications, and 1 Professional Development
- Lead Teacher Orientation was very successful (Kansas City, April 25-27)
- Work continuing on credentialing
- Potential for a Technical Skills Course in partnership with ASE (Autoservice Excellence).
- Agricultural Business Foundations
- 8 states this summer including California, Iowa, Illinois, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, and Pennsylvania over 200 teachers are currently registered
- CASE Institutes
- 32 CASE Institutes in 2019
- Currently 544 teachers registered for CASE Institutes
- In addition, several universities are offering pre-service CASE Institutes this spring, throughout the summer, and continuing during the fall semester.
NAAE is working with ACTE on a Teacher Recruitment and Retention Summit to be hosted by ACTE in late winter 2020.
Teach Ag is celebrating 10 years in September in conjunction with National Teach Ag Day in Raleigh, North Carolina.
12 FAST participants will attend the Cultivating Change Foundation Summit in June.
Johanna Rey will begin June 4 as the Teach Ag intern through December 2019.
Teach Ag is hosting a collaborative session during AAAE on May 21 in Des Moines to highlight recruitment and retention strategies.
Carl Aakre and Melanie Bloom are working on the My Local Cooperative Instructional Modules with completion and distribution planned for September 2019.
The Inclusion, Diversity and Equity training RFP will be completed and announced this week.
IDE resources and recommendations will be discussed with the NAAE/FFA team in June.
National Teach Ag Ambassador Program – 14 ambassadors have been selected
Allison Abadir – University of Missouri
Brittney Beck – University of Arkansas-Fayetteville
Joseph Brock – University of Kentucky
Korie Burgess – Auburn University
Taylor Ford – Chico State University
Miranda Hornung – University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Nicole Hover – University of Massachusetts-Amherst
Tayte Jussel – University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Faydra Lackey – North Carolina State University
Katie Ott – Purdue University
Matthew Wilson – Southern Union College
Madeline Weninger – South Dakota State University
Courtney Wiedenmann – Oklahoma State University
Matthew Younker – Wilmington College