Communities of Practice
- Is currently being reworked/under renovation to make it more user friendly.
- Make sure to follow the Region IV Communities of Practice page for monthly updates, to find information in regarding the Region IV Conference, minutes, and more.
- If there is some type of information you would like to see on our Region IV page, which is currently not there, please let me know and I will make sure to get it added.
- Currently we have state profiles for all states except Michigan and Indiana
- If all states could compile their information to complete their state profile or send updated information to Jay Jackman so the profiles can be updated.
- There is room for 3 more states to host Agi2 Institutes.
- If you are interested contact Alissa Smith ASAP.
- A copy of the membership statistics (as of 2-28-19) is attached
- Please look over and let me know of any discrepancies
- Student Membership: Please make sure to promote student membership to colleges and universities. Students can be student members prior to student teaching. This will make them eligible for scholarships and will also provide liability insurance while they are observing classrooms.
Ag Ed Magazine
- As of July 2020, the Ag Ed Magazine will be online only.
- There will be no subscription fees for the magazine and it will be available to all members.
2019 Award Applications
- Applications are live and online submissions are now being accepted
- Application details, rubrics, and instructions can be found online at https://tinyurl.com/y6vh6fg6
- Deadline is May 15, 2019
FFA/NAAE Town Hall Meetings for Teachers
- 2nd Wednesday of each month at 6:00 pm eastern
- Get updates on FFA and NAAE updates as well as tips and insights for teachers
- Check NAAE social media pages for a link closer to the date
- FAST Symposium/Jr. MANNRS
- April 4 – 7, 2019
- Overland Park, KS
- Teach Ag Ambassador Program Applications
- Ag Education majors can apply to represent the profession as National Teach Ag Ambassadors at the 2019 National FFA Convention & Expo (October 27 – November 1, 2019; Indianapolis, IN) and throughout the year at the state level
- Apply online at https://buff.ly/2C3257c
- Apply by April 12, 2019
- MANNRS Grant
- 8 grants worth $1,500 each to preservice agricultural education clubs or groups to develop and execute a collaborative and mentoring relationship with a Jr. MANRRS chapter in the area
- Apply online at https://tinyurl.com/y2y6bu87
- Applications due March 24
2019 NAAE Convention
- December 4 – 7, 2019 in Anaheim, CA
- NAAE Convention registration will open March 11
- Register by July 12 to receive the Early Bird Rate
2019 Regional Conferences
- Region IV: June 25 – 27, 2019
- Ann Arbor, MI
- Visit our region’s Communities of Practice page for more information.