Violations related to amendments made during the presentation phase of the CDE:
1. "Adding" words to the middle (instead of the end) of motions.
2. Striking words that result in incomplete wording for a main motion.
3. Inserting "not" to make the motion a negatively worded motion.
4. Making an amendment that is not germane.
5. Amending a non-amendable motion.
6. Making a third-degree (tertiary) amendment.
Taken from the Parliamentary Procedure Judging Guide, a manual by Shane D. Dunbar and Dr. James Connors.