Area: Animal Science (Swine)
Lesson Title: Steps in Piglet Processing
Length of Lesson: 180 minutes (2 days of 90 minutes)
- Describe the 10 steps of piglet processing with 80% accuracy.
- Interpret why each of the 10 steps of piglet processing is necessary with 80% accuracy.
- Identify the 6 forms of animal identification with 100% accuracy.
- Differentiate between permanent and temporary forms of animal identification to teacher satisfaction.
- Demonstrate how to correctly read ear notches with 80% accuracy.
- Demonstrate how to correctly perform ear notches with 80% accuracy
Target Audience: 9-12 grade