The Parliamentary Procedure Committee was blessed to have had the opportunity to conduct the #SuperBowlCDE in Indianapolis. We were pleased to have 43 teams competing. The 2016 National Champion was California (O'Neals-Minerats). You can watch the 2016 National Finals Here: https://www.ustream.tv/recorded/92406069 . The order of presentation in the Finals Hall was: California (O'Neals-Minerats- 1st); Missouri (Linn- 2nd); Wisconsin (Amery- 3rd); and Florida (Lake Butler- 4th).
Event Materials are posted here:
- NFFA Parliamentary Procedure CDE Philosophy Statement
- 2012-2016 National Rules
- 2016 National Exam (and Key)
- 2016 Motions and Individual Questions (Preliminaries, Semifinals, and Finals) [Note: Some questions were re-worded by Judge Panels prior their flight]
- 2016 Team Problem Solving Activities (Semifinals and Finals)
This year, we conducted two webinars:
- Coaches/Participant Webinar. Archives of those materials is located here: https://meeting.psu.edu/p83q9z9wfmc/
- Judges Webinar. Archive of that webinar is here: https://meeting.psu.edu/p608752jnt4/
Another neat learning object is the recording of the Puerto Rico Team competing the demonstration in Spanish: 2016 Puerto Rico FFA Parliamentary Procedure Demo in Spanish - YouTube
In addition, the Society of Agricultural Education Parliamentarians hosted the 5th annual National Novice Invitational. Each state was allowed to certify one team and there were 27 teams competing. Kansas was the National Champion. This event has evolved to the National FFA Chapter Conduct of Meetings LDE. Al Gage (firstname.lastname@example.org) is the superintendent of that event.
Here is a link a National Finalist Performance: Example Novice Parlia Pro - 2016 San Luis Obispo, California - YouTube I also encourage all students and teachers to continue their professional development in parliamentary procedure through the National Association of Parliamentarians (www.parliamentarians.org) and/or the American Institute of Parliamentarians (AIP): http://aipparl.org/site/
Never hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance:
Daniel Foster Phone: 814-863-0192