I was searching for a customizable unit on Taxes to teach my Ag Business students and discovered this site: Understanding Taxes
It provides the following:
- Access all the great educational content found in the Understanding Taxes program on the Internet! This online version includes detailed lesson plans, interactive activities, simulations, and more!
- For Educators, every Understanding Taxes lesson includes the correlations to national and state educational standards. Each lesson plan includes a link to the applicable national and state standards, making it simple to integrate Understanding Taxes into your existing classroom curricula.
- Creating a Custom Resource List that allows you to save lesson plans and their links for later online access.
- This teacher-inspired tool puts you just one click away from a lesson plan and its links to student pages, activities, assessments, and other resources. Below is a list of every lesson plan in Understanding Taxes. Just click in the box before each lesson to add it to your Custom Resource List. (If you wish to preview the lesson first, just click on the lesson link.)
- Once you have identified the lessons you wish to include in your list, click on the Create a Custom Resource List button. Your custom list will appear and you can then save it to your hard drive for later access.
- It also has a student section with online simulations and GREAT references!