Congratulations to the agricultural educators who received awards at the 2013 ACTE CareerTech Vision in Las Vegas on December 4! Agricultural educators were well represented in the ACTE awards program. Once again, the quality of the work that you do was evident for all of Career and Technical Education to see.
Here is a list of the NAAE members who received an award during the banquet.
- Outstanding Career and Technical Educator: This award is given in recognition of an individual who has provided outstanding leadership in career and technical education and has made significant contributions toward innovative and unique career and technical education programs.
- National Winner: Dr. Tony Brannon, Dean of the Hutson School of Agriculture, Murray State University.
- Outstanding New Career and Technical Teacher: This award is given in recognition of a teacher who has made significant contributions toward innovative career and technical education programs and has shown professional commitment early in an education career.
- Region I Winner: Tiffany Morey, Agricultural Science Teacher, South Hunterdon Regional High School, Lambertville, New Jersey.
- Outstanding Teacher in Community Service: This award is given in recognition of a career and technical teacher who has made significant accomplishments and demonstrated leadership in programs and activities that promote community service.
- Region V Winner: Robert H. Gowans, Agricultural Education Instructor, Tooele County School District, Tooele, Utah.
- ACTE TEACHER OF THE YEAR: This award is given in recognition of a teacher providing outstanding career and technical education programs for youth and/or adults in their respective fields and communities.
- National Winner (and Region I Winner): Tara L. Berescik, Agricultural Educator, Tri-County Central School District, Grahamsville, New York.
- Region II Winner: Sally Shomo, Agricultural Education Instructor, Augusta County School System, Beverley Manor Middle School, Staunton, Virginia.
- Region III Winner: Michael F. Miron, Agricultural Education Teacher, Forest Lake Area Schools, Forest Lake, Minnesota.
- Region IV Winner: Fiona McAlister, Biotechnology Academy Instructor, Southern Oklahoma Technology Center, Ardmore, Oklahoma.
We are so proud of all that our members accomplish! We are looking forward to another great year in agricultural education.