- To seek out opportunities for air conditioning. Those county and state fairs can be brutally hot, so try to find a few moments to enjoy nice, refreshing cold air to cool off,
- To promote the Best. Job. Ever. by checking out the Teach Ag Branding Center and personalize your classroom with our free resources,
- To spend some time this summer on Pinterest, getting fresh and new ideas for your classroom and program,
- To order a Teach Ag Kit for those students who you believe would make awesome ag teachers,
- To sit back and enjoy the beautiful summer sunsets! Take some pictures to look back on when the winter is gloomy.
|My Corner of the World|
|There's nothing quite like setting up your very first desk for the very first time. For Breanne Brammer, a newly-hired agriculture teacher at Salisbury High School, in Salisbury, MO, it is important to showcase the things that matter the most.|
|Want Your Picture in NTN???Are you interested in having a picture of your desk (or your colleague's desk) in New Teacher News? Send a high-quality picture to Andrea Fristoe & look for your picture in an upcoming edition!|
|Teach Ag Current Teacher SpotlightsThe National Teach Ag Campaign is looking for current agriculture teachers to answer the following questions as part of a new spotlight social media campaign. Contact Elisa Russ with your responses.|
- What advice would you give to someone who is on the fence about becoming an agriculture teacher?
- What's the most rewarding part of being an agriculture teacher?
- What makes being an agriculture teacher such a unique job?
- Why should someone teach ag?
- What is your favorite part about teaching ag?
|Ag Teacher Hack|
|Ice Breaker: Have students create puzzle pieces with the things they value most. (Side Note: remember to tell to draw on a specific side of the paper.)From the Facebook Ag Education Discussion Lab page.|
|Share Your Ag Teacher Hack!Have a great idea or tip that is your "go to" in the classroom? Share it with us! Contact Andrea Fristoe and look for your Ag Teacher Hack in an upcoming edition of New Teacher News!|
|Show your Students the Importance of Ag Education with this FREE Classroom Poster from Realityworks!Give your students a daily reminder of the importance of agricultural education with this free classroom poster by Realityworks. Click here to request a printable copy for your own classroom.|
What you get for the money?
Technical and Pedagogical Education
Professional development workshops geared specifically for agricultural educators at our annual convention, as well as multiple opportunities throughout the year in person and online. Learn more.