- To take some time this holiday season to reflect on your school year & formulate a plan to make 2017 even better,
- To browse Communities of Practice while you are out of school for new and innovative ideas,
- To make a New Year's Resolution for yourself AND your ag program,
- To enjoy your winter break by spending TONS of time with family and friends,
- To pick up a new hobby that you can commit to for the entire year of 2017!
|My Corner of the World|
|Whooo is ready for the holiday break? Did you leave your desk at school in a mess, or did you clear it off for a fresh start to the new year when you return? For Katie Martin, agriculture teacher at Winston R-VI School District in Winston, MO, a fresh beginning to 2017 is just what she needs!|
|Want Your Picture in NTN???Are you interested in having a picture of your desk (or your colleague's desk) in New Teacher News? Send a high-quality picture to Andrea Fristoe & look for your picture in an upcoming edition!|
|Ag Teacher Hack"It seems a little juvenile at first, but I've been having students do coloring sheets on different breeds. I think this works well because the students have to consciously think, 'This horse is an Appaloosa, so I have to color spots on the back.' It seems to have worked really well so far."-Evan Sheppard, agriculture teacher at Beardstown High School, in Beardstown, IL|
|Share Your Ag Teacher Hack!Have a great idea or tip that is your "go to" in the classroom? Share it with us! Contact Andrea Fristoe and look for your Ag Teacher Hack in an upcoming edition of New Teacher News!|
What you get for the money?
Legislative Action Center
A powerful tool for members to use when trying to build relationships or advocate for ag education. Look up contact information for your legislators and see how they have voted on issues important to agricultural education.
Before you go...
NAAE members elected their 2017 Board of Directors at the 2016 NAAE Convention in Las Vegas. Click here to meet your newly-elected board members!