- To go ahead and get a jump start applying for a 2016 NAAE award,
- To use social media to promote the awesome things you and your students are doing each day in and out of the classroom,
- To spend a few minutes during your planning period to catch up on the current happenings in ag education with this month's News & Views,
- To use your snow days to catch up on SAE visits and any classroom organization you have been putting off,
- To add to your resume and apply to be a 2016 National Agriscience Teacher Ambassador,
|My Corner of the World|
|How do you use the board in your classroom? For Meagan Slates, agriculture teacher at at Penn Manor High School in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, her board is a showcase of organization and Teach Ag pride!|
|Want Your Picture in NTN???Are you interested in having a picture of your desk (or your colleague's desk) in New Teacher News? Send a high-quality picture to Andrea Fristoe & look for your picture in an upcoming edition!|
|Ag Teacher Hack"One thing my students have loved is getting to make their own webpages in class. You can use the free site called www.weebly.com. It's very user friendly and the topics are limitless. Have a mechanics class cover safety or a project display site. Horticulture classes can work on a greenhouse page that customers can check out after they buy plants that includes care and maintenance. Build a chapter website or allow students to create an about me page and include their resume, goals, and SAE project. This can be worked on at home and at school and is easy for all of my students."-Renee Smith, agriculture teacher at Ware County High School, Georgia|
What you get for the money?
NAAE News & Views
News & Views is NAAE’s bimonthly e-newsletter. It covers current happenings in the association as well as regular updates on our initiatives and programs.
Check out the February edition to find out about Growth Energy's major commitment to NAAE Scholarship Fund, what it means to mentor, and meet an outstanding teacher who uses an award to advocate.
Before you go...
Be a Host Location for the 2016 National Teach Ag Day!
The National Teach Ag Campaign is looking for up to four sites to serve as satellite locations for the 2016 National Teach Ag Day celebration (Thursday, September 22). The satellite sites will be featured throughout the live event to showcase current and future agriculture teachers. The satellite locations will be assigned a host facilitator (current or former Teach Ag ambassador) who will help coordinate on site discussions and technical logistics.