- To enhance your skills as an ag teacher by attending professional development workshops at NAAE Convention,
- To teach your students the importance of community service by conducting a Thanksgiving food drive for local families in your community,
- To remind your students that teaching ag is one of the most rewarding and fulfilling careers,
- To turn off your technology and spend quality time with family and friends during Thanksgiving,
- To spend a few minutes of your planning period looking up Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals....you never know what you might find for your program (or yourself)!
|My Corner of the World|
|The semester is almost over! How is your desk looking these days as you get ready for Thanksgiving food drives, progress reports, and final exams & projects? For Sara Colombe, agriculture teacher at Hoven High School, in Hoven, South Dakota, there's nothing a strong cup of coffee can't help get her through!|
Want Your Picture in NTN???
Are you interested in having a picture of your desk (or your colleague's desk) in New Teacher News? Send a high-quality picture to Andrea Fristoe & look for your picture in an upcoming edition!
Ag Teacher Hack
"Good teachers have a plan for when problems arise so that classroom distraction is minimized. A plan helps you be proactive, not emotional."
-Scott Stone, agriculture teacher at Centralia High School, Missouri
What you get for the money?
Learning Sessions at NAAE Convention
Three days of professional development workshops covering topics important to agricultural educators. Choose from more than 60 workshops, ranging from deep-dive sessions to idea labs.Click here to learn more.
Before you go...
The 2016 CASE Institute Schedule is Now Available!
Registration for 2016 CASE Institutes opens December 1st. Each site will be capped at 18 participants with sites able to extend participant registration up to, but not greater than, 20 participants. Many Institutes' registrations filled quickly last year, so teachers should be sure to register as soon as they have secured the appropriate funding. Click here for more information.