- To completely rearrange your classroom for the upcoming school year,
- To really enjoy your time and network with other teachers at your state association's summer teacher's conference,
- To spend a few hours on Pinterest looking for new classroom ideas,
- To start getting excited about the upcoming school year,
- To step up and take on additional leadership roles in your school -- make your name known in a positive light, so that your fellow teachers and administrators support you and your program!
|My Corner of the World|
|Where is your desk in the summer? For Emily Reed, newly hired agriculture teacher at Holden High School in Holden, Missouri, her desk for the day was at the MVATA summer conference, attending a hydroponics mini-tech workshop.|
Want Your Picture in NTN???
Are you interested in having a picture of your desk (or your colleague's desk) in New Teacher News? Send a high-quality picture to Andrea Fristoe & look for your picture in an upcoming edition!
Ag Teacher Hack
"I like to have smaller 1-week subunits that build to a larger 4-5 week main unit. E.g. for my Large Animals class, I begin with a health and disease unit that consists of; Week 1: Health and Disease; Week 2: Pathogens; Week 3: Antibiotics & Vaccines; Week 4: Midterm and Unit Project. I'm not always successful, but I try to arrange my lessons so that Monday is an intro, Tuesday is notes, Wed is a lab, Thursday is a review and quiz, and Friday is a career day. If we have an interruption like a snow day or pep assembly, I can push Friday back to the following week and that way I never fall behind on content."
-Craig Kohn, agriculture teacher at Waterford Union High School, Wisconsin
What you get for the money?
Hotel Discounts with Choice Hotels International
15% NAAE member discounts at the following brand hotels: Comfort Inn®, Comfort Suites®, Quality®, Sleep Inn®, Clarion®, MainStay Suites®, Econo Lodge®, and Rodeway Inn®. Log in to the website and visit your MyNAAE page for the discount code.