- To spend Memorial Day relaxing with family and friends,
- To save yourself some time by teaching your students the importance of greenhouse sanitation by having them clean out your greenhouse after the sales are over,
- To get emotional at your chapter FFA banquet,
- To spend the last few weeks of school reflecting on your accomplishments and how you could improve next year,
- To plan a summer vacation, even if it only lasts a few days.
|My Corner of the World|
|What better way to wrap up the school year than with a tidy desk and organized bookshelf? For Kendall Wright, first year agriculture teacher at Magoffin County High School, in Salyersville, KY, a cleared desk means a cleared conscience. |
Want Your Picture in NTN???
Are you interested in having a picture of your desk (or your colleague's desk) in New Teacher News? Send a high-quality picture to Andrea Fristoe & look for your picture in an upcoming edition!
Ag Teacher Hack
"A teacher friend of mine used electrical tape to make a grid on her white board - she uses this for daily objectives in each class. Prevents the hourly question, "What are we doing to day?!". Imagine it with a whiney tone and from each student who enters the room. One warning: if you make the chart for the whole week, the students will EXPECT to follow the chart, any divergence from it will induce more whiney comments."
-Lindy Holt, agriculture teacher at Hillyard Technical Center, Missouri
What you get for the money?
NAAE hosts an annual meeting to recognize award winners, conduct organizational business, and provide professional development opportunities. The convention is held in conjunction with the ACTE CareerTech VISION. For more information about the NAAE convention, visit this link.
Before you go...
Schools Rise to Challenge of Educating Youth for Careers in Agriculture
The boom in high school agriculture education programs in Nebraska would be even bigger if there were enough teachers to fill all the positions. Read more >>