- To be nervous and excited about taking your first group of students to National FFA Convention,
- To enlist the help of many parent and teacher chaperones to make sure your students have a quality experience at National FFA Convention,
- To stop by the Teach Ag booth (#2101) at National FFA Convention to adopt an owl,
- To enjoy many different professional development workshops at Teacher's World, during your time at National FFA Convention,
- To wear your FitBit during National FFA Convention and track every single step you take.
|My Corner of the World|
|Being a new teacher can be a daunting task. From writing lessons, to managing fall mum sales, keeping a tidy desk can be quite a task. Chris Thompson, agriculture teacher at the Jessamine Career and Technology Center, in Kentucky, shows us that it can be possible to be an amazing new teacher and keep a neat desk.|
|Want Your Picture in NTN???Are you interested in having a picture of your desk (or your colleague's desk) in New Teacher News? Send a high-quality picture to Andrea Fristoe & look for your picture in an upcoming edition!|
|Ag Teacher HackIf a lesson is going badly, stop. Even if you have planned a lesson and have a clear goal in mind, if your approach is not working—for whatever reason—stop! Regroup and start over with a different approach, or abandon your planned lesson entirely and go on to something else. At the end of the day, be honest with yourself as you examine what went wrong and make plans for the next day.|
Lezlie Taylor, Canton High School, MO
What you get for the money?
LAB-AIDS, Inc. NAAE Member Discount
15% NAAE member discount when ordering LAB-AIDS, Inc. materials online, by phone, or by mail. Log in to the website and visit your MyNAAE page for the discount code.
Want More? Click here to read past issues of New Teacher News
National Teach Ag Campaign Coordinator
The National Teach Ag Campaign is a project of the National Council for Agricultural Education, led by the National Association of Agricultural Educators. For more information, visit the Teach Ag website.Funding for the National Teach Ag Campaign is provided by the CHS Foundation, DuPont Pioneer, and Growth Energy as a special project of the National FFA Foundation.