- To call a student's parents to compliment a job well-done,
- To cry at your Chapter FFA banquet,
- To keep a secret stash of candy in your desk, to get you through the day,
- To carry clear fingernail polish on you to every FFA event,
- and to have an energy drink for breakfast, lunch, and even dinner.
|My Corner of the World|
|What does your desk look like? Lacey Roe, ag teacher at Madison Central High School, in Richmond, KY provides a safe-haven for owls of all shapes and sizes. She really is "here by the owl!"|
I'm a big proponent of finding some practical experience in a topic area that you are not familiar with; ex an internship in a greenhouse, mechanics shop, crop scouting, animal farm, etc. if there is a possible course that you are nervous about teaching, go find a summer job in that field.
-Jesse Faber, Pontiac Township High School, Illinois
Want More? Click here to read past issues of New Teacher News
National Teach Ag Campaign Coordinator
The National Teach Ag Campaign is a project of the National Council for Agricultural Education, led by the National Association of Agricultural Educators. For more information, visit the Teach Ag website.Funding for the National Teach Ag Campaign is provided by the CHS Foundation and DuPont Pioneer as a special project of the National FFA Foundation.