From NAAECommunities of Practice - communities.naae.org. Check out some recent posts:LAST DAY Teach Ag Survey - Agricultural Education Teacher Educators: Please participate in a brief professional survey that will be a valuable tool in providing important data on the perceived agriculture teacher shortage. Your responses are extremely important to the profession. Please have one person from each Ag Ed institution complete the survey by Monday. July 16th. Take the survey here Contact Ellen Thompson, National Teach Ag Campaign Coordinator if you have questions or need assistance. back to top
CAST Friday NotesThis week’s newsletter includes news headlines such as the Triskaidekaphobia(a fear of the number 13), and Social Media and Ag Communication, a feature about the talented Interns from the smartphone generation that are helping CAST close the digital gap, an article about students playing a role as beef buyers, and how to feed pigs for less.The Council for Agricultural Science and Technology's (CAST) weekly online newsletter, Friday Notes, is available due to a grant from Winfield Solutions (a Land O’Lakes company). Instructors of agriculture have access to the wide range of material from CAST, and they may forward the information to students for educational use with no strings attached.Click here to access the most recent edition of CAST Friday Notes.
National FFAThe 85th National FFA Convention & Expo in Indianapolis has the potential to be the biggest yet! And, this year, Indianapolis will provide even more hotel rooms in close proximity to the convention facilities. Visit the website herefor planning information including budgeting, official dress, wifi locations, schedule, registration and more.
USDEWith the new school year approaching it's time for lesson planning and the U.S. Department of Education is here to help.Click here for teaching resources for Earth Sciences, including subjects like climate change, geology, enviornment, oceans, and many more!Click here for teaching resources for Life Sciences, including subjects like animals/zoology, cells, diseases, genes/evolution and more!
USDAStatistics and Mapping Tools:For more useful tools and resources from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, click here.
From AAAEJoin the American Association of Agriculture Educators!
Benefits of Membership:
- Participation in your professional association.
- Leadership and Service Opportunities.
- Access to the AAAE Awards Programs at the Regional and National levels.
- Access to Current Issues of The Journal of Agricultural Education.
- Access to professional development activities held at the Regional and National meetings.
- Access to publication in; Regional and National Conference proceedings, the Journal of Southern Agricultural Education Research, and the Journal of Agricultural Education.
- Presentation of peer reviewed papers and posters at regional an national meetings.
- The AAAE listserv.
- Member access to the AAAE website including free posting to the Job Board.
- Full access to the online Directory.
Join today! Use the new easy online form to pay online or print and remit by check.
back to top