1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 20, 2013 1:46 AM by Gina Neff RSS

First Day Activity for Ag Business Class

Heather Hill Mentor
Currently Being Moderated

Our first we of school we only go Thursday and Friday.  Our school encourages us to jump right into content those days instead of going over syllabi and such.  Does anyone have any activities, preferably hands-on or similar, that would be good for the first two days as an intro to Ag Business?

• 1. Re: First Day Activity for Ag Business Class
    Gina Neff Hero
    Currently Being Moderated

What if you collected different items that represented different types of ag businesses and had then identify what they had in common (ag business) and then once they figured that part out, how does this connect to ag.  I would also try to figure out local businesses that are ag and represented the different types of businesses (proprietorship, partners, corporation, cooperative, etc)  and use that as a way to identify business types. 

For all of my classes I'm thinking about having them set 1 month, 6 month, 1 year, 5 year, and 10 year goals for the 1st day.  So maybe you could use that idea and have them develop something for an imaginary business?  Also maybe a mission statement/vision piece, how do you write those? I would think most businesses have one and if I was starting a business, I would start my developing those and goals first!

Hope this helps! For my ag business class this year, we are going to try and run our greenhouse/hydroponics units as a business.  So after the engineering unit to get projects for fair, we will be doing some of the things I mentioned above and deciding which students will be on the board as the CEO, CFO, etc.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...